Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Little Present





I have a dear friend and we like to exchange little handmade gifts each year.  The freezing cold weather made me think scarf.  I found some Bernat Roving on sale and I just loved the warmth of it.

Here is an easy little pattern I came up with that just looks so nice with the chunky yarn.


Hook - N/10mm
Yarn - Bernat Roving in Putty (this is a #5 Bulky yarn, 80% acrylic/20% wool, hand wash, dry flat)  I used two entire skeins to make this scarf.

Chain 16
Row 1 - sc across (15)
Row 2 - dc in 1st stitch *sk 1 st, (sc, dc) in next st*  Repeat until last two st.  Sk, sc.  Ch 1. Turn.
Repeat row 2 until you are out of yarn.
Finish off
Join ends to create a circle.

Wear loose:



Wear  wrapped twice:

(*I asked my seven year old to take pictures of me wearing the scarf. Only take a picture of the scarf I said.  Just the scarf.  Not me.  So she took pictures of me making crazy faces.  Sigh.  I have cropped crazy-faced me out for your viewing safety.)

I liked this so much I bought more Bernat Roving yarn in blue (at a post-Christmas sale, natch) to make one for myself!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a dear friend...I love my scarf. Each time I put it on it's like a nice warm hug from you. I will cherish it forever. I know its a bit cliche, but you know it's true since I'm a closet hoarder and all... ;-)

    ReplyDelete